Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Need assistance with code, please

I need to know more about your worksheet and where the blank row(s) are
located. There are few methods that may solve your problem.

1) If there are no blank rows (or cell) in your data you can use end(xldown).
2) If there are no data below your table you can use End(xlup) and select
the last row of the worksheet.
3) If you have blank data in the middle of your data the PasteSpecial has
ignore blanks option. I have found that this often doesn't work

4) I've found that doing a sort in Descending order will move the blanks to
the bottom of the table.

"winnie123" wrote:

Hi,

I am using Rons code to copy a range from one workbook to another and it
works well. The problem I am having is that the source range is not always
the same number of rows but will always have the same number of columns. So I
am getting blank rows inserted into destination workbook (which happens to be
a LIST). My source range is A2:AA1000, How can I change the code below so
that my source range will only copy to the last row of data.

Your help appreciated as always

Thanks
Winnie

Sub Copy_To_DATA2009_Workbook()
Dim SourceRange As Range
Dim DestRange As Range
Dim DestWB As Workbook
Dim DestSh As Worksheet
Dim Lr As Long

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.EnableEvents = False
End With

'Change the file name (2*) and the path/file name to your file
If bIsBookOpen_RB("DATA 2009.xls") Then
Set DestWB = Workbooks("DATA 2009.xls")
Else
Set DestWB = Workbooks.Open("C:\Spares sales\DATA 2009.xls")
End If

'Change the Source Sheet and range
Set SourceRange = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("SALES1").Range("A2:AA1000")
'Change the sheet name of the database workbook
Set DestSh = DestWB.Worksheets("2009")

Lr = LastRow(DestSh)
Set DestRange = DestSh.Range("A" & Lr + 1)

'We make DestRange the same size as SourceRange and use the Value
'property to give DestRange the same values
With SourceRange
Set DestRange = DestRange.Resize(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count)
End With
DestRange.Value = SourceRange.Value

DestWB.Close savechanges:=True

With Application