Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brettjg Brettjg is offline

Default =hyperlink causes file opening to change window size

OK, thanks GS. Damn. Do you have any thoughts on the separate window for each
folder opening, or is that part of the same scope?. Regards, Brett

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Yopu can install a hyperlink in a cell two ways:

1. Insert Hyperlink
2. use the =HYPERLINK() function

Many coders prefer the function, because it gives better control of the
link. HOWEVER, using the function puts you outside the Object Model. That
is, if you click a function-type hyperlink, no event will occur.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200835

"Brettjg" wrote:

I have a worbook that has an OPEN event to make the window size half the
available width. If I open a file from a cell via =hyperlink the workbook
window is always full width. Adding a worksheet activate event to resize the
window fixes the problem, but..........there are too many workbooks to go
through and a an activate event.

Is there something I could do with a followhyperlink event in the workbook
that I'm calling from? This particular workbook (TOOLS) has hyperlinks to my
entire life, so I don't really want to add activate events to everything.

Furthermore, even though I have folder options set to open folders in the
SAME window, whenevr I open a folder from TOOLS via a hyperlink, it comes up
in a separate and very annoying window (particularly if I've drilled down 2
or 3 levels). Regards Brett. (Yes Jim, I'm still at it)