Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brettjg Brettjg is offline

Default =hyperlink causes file opening to change window size

I have a worbook that has an OPEN event to make the window size half the
available width. If I open a file from a cell via =hyperlink the workbook
window is always full width. Adding a worksheet activate event to resize the
window fixes the problem, but..........there are too many workbooks to go
through and a an activate event.

Is there something I could do with a followhyperlink event in the workbook
that I'm calling from? This particular workbook (TOOLS) has hyperlinks to my
entire life, so I don't really want to add activate events to everything.

Furthermore, even though I have folder options set to open folders in the
SAME window, whenevr I open a folder from TOOLS via a hyperlink, it comes up
in a separate and very annoying window (particularly if I've drilled down 2
or 3 levels). Regards Brett. (Yes Jim, I'm still at it)