Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Vlookup finance help please

Well autofilter would achieve what you desire, but if you do not wish to use
it then the other option would be to scan the list for a reference number
input and sum columns M & N until the end of this input value.

Can you confirm that reference numbers are sorted in order, or does that no
matter?

Nigel

"Chris Hankin" wrote in message
Hi Nigel, thanks for you help. Please note that I do not wish to use
auto-filtering for this particular request.

Here is an example: if the File Reference Number in column A was: ABC123
and there
were 5 instances of this same number, then I need Excel to sum up all
the values that exist in columns M and N for this File Reference Number.
Just by way of explanation, let us assume that File Reference Number:
ABC123 is located in cells: A8:A12. I would then need Excel to sum up
the corresponding values in cells: M8:M12 and N8:N12 respectively. The
sum of cells: M8:M12 needs to be placed in cell: Q12. The sum of cells:
N8:N12 needs to be placed in cell R12.

I hope this helps explain what I am attempting to achieve.

If you could provide further assistance, that would be very much
appreciated.

kind regards,

Chris.

*** Sent via Developersdex