Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RSMITH RSMITH is offline

Default Finding information from two rows - formula or macro?

Hi Rick

There will only be one company with a tick as it is a selection processw and
only one company will be awarded.

Thanks
Rachael

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

What should happen if more than one company has a "tick"?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"rsmith" wrote in message
I have been trying to find the answer to this question but think maybe Im
asking the wrong things.

I have two rows of data, one with company names and one where if a company
is awarded there will be a tick (or €œyes€) or whatever. Im looking for a
formula that will look at the second row, and if there is a tick then it
will
give me the company name from above. in a cell on another workbook This
seems
like such an easy thing to do but Im struggling with it.

Many thanks