Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ronbo Ronbo is offline

Default Code Help

The month and year casue the name to change. But I have the name of the
workbook in "sheet3 I1". What I need to do is replace Ron's "test3.xls" (the
file name) to the file name in "sheet3 I1".

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

What causes the workbook to change names? Is it a fixed criteria? Can that
criteria be used to determine what the current workbook name is? If the name
of the workbook is changed on a strictly arbitrary basis, there is no way to
get it via code, unless it is the only workbook in the folder.

"Ronbo" wrote:

I am using Ron de Bruins routine acquiring data from a closed workbook. It
works perfect but the closed workbook does not have a fixed name. The name
of the workbook I need to acquire data from is in sheet3 I1. So the question
is how to I get the following code to use fName to replace test3.xls?

Sub File_In_Local_Folder()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
On Error Resume Next

fName = Sheets("sheet3").Range("I1").Value

'Call the macro GetRange
GetRange "C:\prc\eom", "test3.xls", "eom information", "A1:bb50", _
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")

On Error GoTo 0
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub