Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Autofill

Ken,
Your code runs any and every time a cell changes in column T or
when any selection that intersects with column T changes.
Do you really want that? Why not autofill on request...
by adding a button to the sheet and running the code from it.

It the above isn't what you want, post back with all of the code
in the sheet module.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Ken"
wrote in message
Hi group!
I have been searching the groups for macro to do exactly what this
thread answers:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76cb3eb?hl=en#

I didn't know whether to post to that thread or start another one, so
if I have stepped on the protocol, my apologies.
I have a spreadsheet where I needed a simpler way to copy a formula
down to the last used row than what I'm using (a helper column where
the formula result is pasted to the desired column). It works, but
lengthy. I tried the macro in the the thread above and this is my
variation of it:

endRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 20).End(xlUp).Row
Range("U3").Autofill Destination:=Range("U3:U" & endRow)

It resides on a Worksheet_Change .
It copies the formula down correctly, but when a selection is made in
Col 20 (col "T"), it recalculates the entire "U" column. So i tried
this:

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("T:T")) Is Nothing Then
endRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 20).End(xlUp).Row
Range("U3").Autofill Destination:=Range("U3:U" & endRow)
End If

It works very well, EXCEPT, after the macro runs, I can no longer
select a column, any column, or row. I can select cells, macros work,
everything else still works, except the row or column selection. What
have I done here? Any ideas will greatly appreciated! Thank you in
advance!
Ken