Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default RibbonX – Developer Environment

Hi Dovy

I have info here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

Maybe you can use the example file in
3: Change the Ribbon with RibbonX and VBA code (Example workbooks)

You can add a lll groups in theRibbonX
<tab idMso="TabInsert" getVisible="GetVisible" /

There are also dictator examples in 2:
--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dovy" wrote in message ...
I am developing a dictator app in 2007.
What is the best approach to structure the RibbonX?

For development, I need an easy and quick way to switch between 2
states:
1 – Only my custom tabs are visible.
2 – My custom tabs and all Mso tabs are visible.

I can think of three options, but I am not happy with either one.

Option 1:
Work with two versions of xml – one for development and one for
production. It does not satisfy the “quick and easy” requirement.
Also, I will often need to switch to a full native ribbon even on
production version.

Option 2:
With startFromScratch = False, have a toggle custom button (protected
with password) to set getVisible of Mso tabs to True or False. This is
really quick and easy, but it leaves behind (on my machine), an
annoying Adobe Acrobat tab. I saw some posts that nobody had figured
out yet how to hide Adobe add-in, let alone other add-ins which may
exist on other machines.

Option 3:
With startFromScratch = True, now I will have to rebuild all the tabs
and groups one-by-one, and then apply same technique as in option 2 to
show / hide the rebuilt Office tabs.
This technique will kill Adobe and any other add-in, but I am concern
that this is an overkill.

I hope that the RibbonX gurus can come up with a fourth and much
better option.
If option 3 wins, has anybody posted an xml which rebuilds the whole
Ribbon?