Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
augustus augustus is offline

Default Connect to SQL with DSN without uid and password

Hi,

Let me clarify,I have setup a DSN, and during the setup and testing, it
asked for username and password. I thought this info stay inside the DSN. If
this info doesn't stay inside the ODBC\DSN, then what's the purpose of DSN?

What i'm trying to do is:
1) Connect to SQL Server from VBA
2) I don't want to leave a username and password inside VBA (I think this is
way too unsecure, as file could be easily copied)
3) I don't want user to know the uid/password; or that they have to type in
one.

Regards
augustus108