Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Macro to Keep Only Rows with The Word Saturday

Hi,

I'm not sure if you want 'Saturday' in both or either of columns D & E.
Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in and run it and it
look for saturday in both columns

Change this
If InStr(UCase(c), "SATURDAY") 0 And InStr(UCase(c.Offset(,

to this
If InStr(UCase(c), "SATURDAY") 0 OR InStr(UCase(c.Offset(,
if it's either

Sub I_Dont_Like_Saturdays()
Dim DelRange As Range
Dim LastRowD As Long, LastrowE As Long
LastRowD = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Row
LastrowE = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp).Row
Set MyRange = Range("D1:D" & WorksheetFunction.Max(LastRowD, LastrowE))
For Each c In MyRange
If InStr(UCase(c), "SATURDAY") 0 And InStr(UCase(c.Offset(, 1)),
"SATURDAY") 0 Then
If DelRange Is Nothing Then
Set DelRange = c.EntireRow
Else
Set DelRange = Union(DelRange, c.EntireRow)
Next

If Not DelRange Is Nothing Then
DelRange.Select

Mike

"Daren" wrote:

Hello,
I have two columns that can contain the word Saturday in text values of any
length. The word Saturday can appear in any cell in column D and E. Is
there a macro that I can write to delete any row that do not contain the word
Saturday in column D and E? Thanks.