Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
exceluserforeman exceluserforeman is offline

Default Can Worksheet_Change call itself?

Sorry about the diatribe in my first reply.

Why do you not just implement a userform.

The useform could enter the data into the worksheet. If the selected
quantity is not
=<9 then you can hide the check boxes or renove the quantities. It will be
easier to use and restrict the user frm inputting the wrong values in the
wrong places.

"Brad E." wrote:

Actually, I will want to Re-enable events prior to changing the cell.
--
Brad E.

"Brad E." wrote:

It works if I don't disable the "EnableEvents" at the beginning of the
Worksheet_Change code.
--
Brad E.

"Brad E." wrote:

Hi,

In my Worksheet_Change event, I would like to change a cell and call the
Worksheet_Change event again.

In B3, the user enters a number up to 9, to access up to 9 vehicles. If the
old value was 3 and the user enters 5, then the Worksheet_Change acknowledges
the change and Displays some check boxes (Visible = True) for the 4th and 5th
column. The check boxes were hidden when B3 originally went smaller than 5
(Visible = False). The ability to use these check boxes also depends on the
entry in row 16. So first, I make the check boxes for vehicles 4 and 5
visible, and then want to re-enter the entry in row 16 for these 2 vehicles.
I thought if I just set a cell to a value, it would initiate the
Worksheet_Change event and the new Target would be the cell in row 16.

In a For loop (For X = 4 to 5, in this case), I have
Range("A16").Offset(0, X).Value = Range("A16").Offset(0, X).Value

Part of my Worksheet_Change event includes an intersection of Target and
"B16:J16", however the code after this intersection is not running.

What are my options to be able to run the code?
--
Thanks, Brad E.