Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Rich text formatting gone in Excel 2007?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:13:40 -0600, "John" wrote:

I'm stumped. I'm doing everything right. Now if I select the cell with the
rich text formatting and press and F2, then I can see the RTF (bold, in this
case). As soon as I press exit to take it out of edit mode, the RTf (bold)
goes away. I even printed the page to see if it printed with RTF, but it
didn't. Surely someone else must have this same problem? My office computer
acts the same way. Some setting in options perhaps?

You really need to be precise in your description of your setup, environment
and your process.

The only thing I know is that you are using Excel 2007, and are going through a
portion of the process that seems to work on my machine. But you have provided
no where near enough information for me to duplicate your setup.

Here's one discrepancy: You mention pressing "exit". I have no key on my
keyboard labeled "exit". Nor in the HELP section for Excel Shortcut and
Function keys is there anything called "exit". So what kind of keyboard are
you using? What ASCII code is your "exit" key putting out?
--ron