Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to open .jpg picture using Macro

Open the picture where? In a worksheet? In a UserForm? In an Image control?
Somewhere else?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Launchnet" <u20911@uwe wrote in message news:92253dcfafcae@uwe...
I use the following macro to open excel files. Can this be modified to
open
a picture ppppp.jpg ?

. . or, can someone help me with a new macro that can open pictures
. . I would still like to have the file checking options to see if already
open and if file actually exists.

Thanks
Matt @ Launchnet

Sub NewExcelWithWorkbookFantastic()
Dim oXL As Object 'This is needed to open a new instance of Excel.
'Without it, the file is only opened as a new Window
Dim testFileFind
Dim oWB As Object

If FileAlreadyOpen("c:\extrafiles\fantastic.xls") = True Then
MsgBox "File is alreaady open"

End
Else

'The following tests for the existance of the file
testFileFind = Dir("c:\extrafiles\fantastic.xls")

'If the file is not found there will be nothing
'in the variable and processing ends.
If Len(testFileFind) = 0 Then
MsgBox "You do not have this file in C:\extrafiles\"
End
End If

'THIS LINE OF CODE OPENS THE NEW INSTANCE OF EXCEL.
Set oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

'THIS LINE OF CODE MAKES THE NEW INSTANCE OF EXCEL VISIBLE.
oXL.Visible = True
Set oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Open("c:\extrafiles\fantastic.xls")