Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John[_140_] John[_140_] is offline

Default Rich text formatting gone in Excel 2007?

I'm stumped. I'm doing everything right. Now if I select the cell with the
rich text formatting and press and F2, then I can see the RTF (bold, in this
case). As soon as I press exit to take it out of edit mode, the RTf (bold)
goes away. I even printed the page to see if it printed with RTF, but it
didn't. Surely someone else must have this same problem? My office computer
acts the same way. Some setting in options perhaps?

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:50:15 -0600, "John" wrote:

This is not really a programming question but I can't get rich text
formatting to work in Excel 2007. If I type "this text is bold" and bold
just the word "bold", the bold icon is highlighted, but the word "bold" is
not bolded. What gives?

It works fine for me in Excel 2007.

Perhaps if you supply full information, I or someone else could try to
duplicate your problem.
--ron