Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Clemens Mike Clemens is offline

Default How to get worksheet_activate code to run when a workbook is opened

I have code in the worksheet_activate event for each of the worksheets in a
workbook. When the workbook is opened the worksheet_activate event for the
worksheet that was active at the last save is not fired.

I tried to get around this by placing "Worksheets(PROJECTS_WKS).Activate" in the
workbook_open event. The PROJECTS_WKS constant holds the name of the first
worksheet in the workbook. This only works if PROJECTS_WKS wasn't the active
worksheet at the time of the last save.

Is there anyway at workbook open time to get the worksheet_activate event to
fire for the worksheet that was active when the last save was done?

I know I could turn off screen updating and then activate some other worksheet
in the workbook and then switch back to one that was active to get the event to
fire.

That would work unless the workbook only contains one worksheet. I suppose then
I could just but the code that is in worksheet_activate into the workbook_open
event.

Is there some solution that would work in both cases.

Thanks

Mike Clemens