Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Need for speed - Beyond Excel VBA

The VBA code is not usually the bottleneck in stress testing (unless you are
doing things cell-by-cell rather than in large range blocks), its probably
the Excel calculations that you need to optimise.

Significant gains in calculation speed are usually achieveable by optimising
the calculation bottlenecks and adapting the Calculation method to minimise
the calculation sheets/ranges etc.

Charles
___________________________________
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"BR" wrote in message
My spreadsheet has grown too big, and VBA takes too long to run stress
tests
on it !

Can I use Excel for deal presentation purposes only, run the algorithms
faster in another language and interface that to Excel, please suggest
directions

(My company doesn't have an IT desk, apologies if this is too basic a
query)

--
-----