James

Thanks for your time Biff!
originally i had 2 sheets, but then i got more data handed to me, so i
thought what the heck, could this work with 4, but i couldn't get it to
work.

anyway, yes, i need to be able to source from 4 worksheets now.
hey, what does "<vbg" mean?

thanks again for looking at this!

James

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

now, will this also work, say if i had 4 sheets?

Quit "stonewalling" and tell us how many sheets you actually have! <vbg

You could use a formula similar to that for 4 sheets but there is a better
way.

Tell us the true number of sheets you need for the lookup and then I'll

show
you a better way! I don't have time right now but I'll be back later.

Biff

"James" wrote in message
Thanks!!, now, will this also work, say if i had 4 sheets?
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Just do it twice:

=IF(NOT(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE))),
VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE),
VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet3!A:B,2,FALSE))

(all one cell)

James wrote:

I have to do a vlookup, but the Table_array data is spread over two
worksheets because of the amount of data. Is this possible?

--

Dave Peterson