Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TGalin TGalin is offline

Default Q&A Macro

Thank you, that is very kind of you.

"Bob Bridges" wrote:

I can walk you through the program a bit at a time - I'm a teacher
at heart, and don't mind taking the time to get you up to speed -
but I suggest we switch to email to do it. You can write me at the
email address attached to my profile. Just click on my name at the
head of this post (where it says "By: Bob Bridges"); then find my
email address at the top, modify it as directed (it's not EXACTLY
my email address, because of spammers) and send me a note.
We'll get started from there.

"Not much VBA" isn't a problem, but what about other languages?
I mean, am I starting you on programming from the very beginning,
or have you coded in other languages and just need to apply the
same basic principles to VBA? How fast we go will depend on your
experience; if you're an experienced PL/1 or REXX coder, for
example, we'll move into VBA in a different way and at a different
speed than if you've written in Java, or not at all.

--- "TGalin" wrote:
Yes, you hit the nail on the head. The only thing I would add is
that the questions from the list I also want them to be asked
randomly. Sometimes the 10th question will be asked 1st or the
2nd question 5th and so on. I am glad to here its not that hard,
I thought it might be complicated. Yes i need lots of hints on
how to write it. I don't know that much VBA.

On a side note, do you have any recommendations of how I could
become more fluent in VBA? Perhaps you know of websites,
software, books or other training tools yourself or others have used
that have proven to be effective and efficient for those aiming to
become more fluent with VBA?

--- "Bob Bridges" wrote:
Yes, a macro can be written to do this. It doesn't even sound
very complicated, actually. Let me rephrase to be sure I
understand it correctly: You have a spreadsheet that starts with
one worksheet, which has a list of questions on it. Your macro
is to run down the list and do the following for each question:

1) Create a new worksheet for that question, and copy the
question to that worksheet.
2) Select the number 12, 16 or 24.
3) That many times, pose the question to the user and get his
answer. Write each answer on the worksheet that was created
for that question.

At any point, the user should be able to hit a button that causes
the logic to stop at that point, without losing any of the data
entered so far, and when restarted later to take up the process
at that point.

Yes, this isn't too hard. Do you need hints on how to write it?
How much VBA do you know already?