Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel 2007 - Using a Custom Function to Set Row Color

Functions return values.

They don't format cells.

Conditional Formatting is used for that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:25:40 -0500, "Don" wrote:

I have a little function that sets the value of a cell depending on the date
relative to a couple of other dates and a "Yes"/"No" item:

Function CurrentTaskStatus(Milestone As String, _
TaskEndDate As Date, MonthStart As Date, MonthEnd
As Date, _
TaskProj As Integer, TaskComp As Single)

If (TaskEndDate = MonthStart) And (TaskEndDate <= MonthEnd) And (Milestone
= "Yes") Then
CurrentTaskStatus = TaskComp
Else
CurrentTaskStatus = 0
End If

End Function

What I would like to do is set the color of the row in which the cell is
located to a specific color based on the conditions. I have tried things
like

rows("A45:z45).interior.color = vbBlue

with no success. Generally, a #VALUE! error appears in the cell when I try
anything that might set the color.

Am I trying to do the impossible? Or am I just way off course.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Don