Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Select range through Inputbox

Try this change

from:
RangeAddress = varRange.Address
to:
RangeAddress = varRange.Address(External:=True)

"Bythsx-Addagio" wrote:

Hello,
I am using the below code to prompt the user to select a range of cells. My
problem is that the resulting range is ignoring any workbook reference. If
you select a range on a different workbook it ignores that in the following
function.

How can I capture the absolute reference?

Thanks in advance!

Set varRange = _
Application.InputBox("Select a range of cells:", Type:=8)
If IsObject(varRange) = False Then Exit Sub

RangeAddress = varRange.Address

' Call nested function to return list of unique items
varUniqList = UniqList(Range(RangeAddress))