Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roger Roger is offline

Default Mouse Move Event

I have implemented your solution with great effect - I have reduced the
amount of code required considerably - thankyou for your help

--
Roger

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Declare Function GetCursorPos Lib "user32" _
(lpPoint As POINTAPI) As Long

Type POINTAPI
x As Long
y As Long
End Type

Sub ShowPos()
Dim lRetVal As Long
Dim Pos As POINTAPI
lRetVal = GetCursorPos(Pos)
MsgBox Pos.x & ", " & Pos.y
End Sub

This will retrieve and display the coordinates.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200834

"Roger" wrote:

I use the X & Y values in the mouse move event to make a comments box follow
the mouse pointer - how can I pass the X & Y values to a different sub - I
have declared them as public to no avail - they only work when they are used
in the actual mouse move routine

I could reduce the amount of code I am using by a significant amount if this
is possible - thanks in anticipation

--
Roger