Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bert bert is offline

Default ComboBox_Click event problem

I have a userform with several controls, one of which is a
ComboBoxcontaining a list of names. When I select a name, subroutines
(triggered by a ComboBox2_Click event) write data from the other controls to
a spreadsheet, and then populate the controls with new data if any exists in
the spreadsheet.
The problem is, I recently changed the ComboBox so it now has two columns;
the second column is the name (as before), and the first column is either
blank or an asterisk. I add the asterisk when the information displayed in
the userform is updated and written to the spreadsheet.
However, the Click event calls the code that includes adding the asterisk to
the ComboBox list, which triggers the Click event again. What I am
discovering is that with this looped (or loopy) event, I'm getting erratic
results (for example, when I select another name from the combobox, the rest
of the controls in the form aren't being updated.
Is there a way to programmatically turn the click event off temporarily, or
is there another solution to deal with this? (My current solution is to
forget about the asterisk updating, and when I omit this subroutine,
everything works as it should.)
Thanks for any insights.
Bert