Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default a quick way to determine the first and last biz date of the month

Try

Function FirstOfMonth(MM As Long, YY As Long) As Date
FirstOfMonth = DateSerial(YY, MM, 1) + _
IIf(Weekday(DateSerial(YY, MM, 1)) = vbSaturday, 2, 0) + _
IIf(Weekday(DateSerial(YY, MM, 1)) = vbSunday, 1, 0)
End Function

Function EndOfMonth(MM As Long, YY As Long) As Date
EndOfMonth = DateSerial(YY, MM + 1, 0) - _
IIf(Weekday(DateSerial(YY, MM + 1, 0)) = vbSaturday, 1, 0) - _
IIf(Weekday(DateSerial(YY, MM + 1, 0)) = vbSunday, 2, 0)
End Function

where MM is the month and YY is the year.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:43:31 -0500, Ben wrote:

Hi all,

I don't remember the code now, but I came across a quick way to
determine the first and last biz date for a specified month using the
dateserial function.

I don't quite know how to how to get dateserial function to work, can
you share some thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ben