Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] pilgrimm@agr.gc.ca is offline

Default How to set a button to filter a table using specific from and tocells data

On Feb 19, 9:27*am, "Don Guillett" wrote:
I recommend putting dates in a cell with the same format as your column.

Sub filterbydatesinrange()
Range("a4).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" & Range("l3"), _
Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & Range("l4")

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs. *"Instr" and "BF_List". *On the
Instr tab, I have atableto generate the 12 months of the year with
from and to dates based on cell T69. *This way I can have dates for
years 2009 to 2020. *Thetablehas the dates in cells T71 (ie. Jan.
1,
2009) and cell U71 has Jan. 31, 2009. *Down thetableto Dec.

Now on the tab BF list, starting on row 4 I have effective date, name
and other details up to column F. * This list could have assorted
dates from Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec. 31, 2009. * I want to be able to give
the users an easy option to sort by month. *So, I had thought adding
buttonfor each month. *ie. sort Jan. sort Feb. and so on.

My problem is the code for the macro to sort. *I need to be able to
pull from the first tab on the Instr. sheet the from and to dates so
that I canfilterthe list. *I have chosen 'equal to or greater than"
and cell T71 for Jan. 1, 2009 and then then end date of 'less than or
equal to" cell U71.

I would change cells for each month.

I have not found a way to get the macro code to select from thetable
on the other tab.

ThetableI want to sort has a header row A3 to F3 and the data is
from A4 to F4 down to row 4000.

this is what I have so far.

* Range("A4").Select
* *Selection.AutoFilter
* *Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=01-Jan-2009",
Operator:= _
* * * *xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=31-jan-2009"
End Sub

thanks for any help or options.

Mel- Hide quoted text -

Works excelent. I knew it was simple but could not figure it out.
thanks so much
Mel