Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
Lee Lee is offline

Default retrieve Active cell "Name" vbscript

perfect.
thanks..

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote in message

"Lee" wrote in message
I'm not sure if this is the right group or not,

I have a vbscript that opens and excel spreadsheet and does some work on
it.

I need to be able to add a formula to a cell like "=A1+A2" , but I need
to know which cell I am in in order to add the formula

I know objXL.activeSheet.Range("A1").activate will point me to cell
"A1".
then I move down through the sheet. using
objXL.activecell.offset(1,0).activate which moves me down a row,

what I really need is a way to find out "where I am" after the script
moves.

is there a function that will return "B1" when I'm on the second row?

If I recall correctly then objExcel.ActiveCell.Address will return the
current cell address.