Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Cannot find "1-1" or "1-1M

Thanks to all for your help. Otto
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel XP & Win XP

This one has me stumped. I have a column consisting of various number
combinations including:

1-1

1-1M

My code is in a For loop running down the column:

If i = "1-1" Or i = "1-1M" Then

The 1-1 has an apostrophe in front of it to preclude Excel seeing it as a
date. I checked the length of each with LEN and they are 3 and 4.

The above code cannot find/see the 1-1 or the 1-1M.

I even wrote the code as CStr(i)= and had no luck.

I am open to any suggestions. Thanks for your time. Otto