Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simon Lloyd[_1036_] Simon Lloyd[_1036_] is offline

Default Button caption won't update

Shouldn't this line
Frm_DataEntry.Controls.Item("Btn_CALLBACKDATE").Ca ption
=
Format(dbAlarmTime, "dddd dd mmmm hh:hh")look like this
Frm_DataEntry.Controls.Item("Btn_CALLBACKDATE").Ca ption =
_
Format(dbAlarmTime, "dddd dd mmmm hh:*mm*")

Mark Stephens;237281 Wrote:
I am running a sub that updates a cell in excel and then in turn updates
the
caption property of my button to the value in the cell ('AlarmTime',
which
is a number representing a date which is appropriately formatted to
update
the caption:

Frm_DataEntry.Controls.Item("Btn_CALLBACKDATE").Ca ption =
Format(dbAlarmTime, "dddd dd mmmm hh:hh")

I have stepped through all the code and it all works exactly as it
should
except for the last line (the line above that updates the button).

I replaced the number/date variable woith a string value to check my
referencing of the button... again it updated perfectly, so my only
possible
explanation is that the button doesn't like my formatting, but then I
use it
elsewhere to update the button and increment the time by one hour (the
subject of my last post) and although there's a bit of a bug in that it
updates a minute too much, it does update, so I am totally confounded
as to
what could be the problem! Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance, regards, Mark

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,