Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Stephens Mark Stephens is offline

Default Time bug, anyone know why?

Hi all,

I am trying to increment a time for a shceduling feature in my program. I
want to increase the time by 1 hour each time i click a button. Here's the
methodology:

1. Read the cell containing the system date and time

2. Add to the number (1/24)

3. Update the button caption

It's pretty simple really but what happens is that instead of increasing the
time by an hour as intended it increases it by 1 hour and one minute!
Frustrating and annoying. Adjusting the increment slightly doesn't seem to
have much effect at all. I have done some searching on google in this
newsgroup and whilst i have found some workarounds such as using ceiling or
floor or rounding, noone hseems to have addressed the basic issue which is
why the time concept of 1/24 for an hour doesn't work; I suppose it could be
somethibng to do with rounding (is vba rounding the decimal up to the next
one minute incrememtn automatically?) seems strange any
suggestions/explanations/workarounds gratwefully received.

Thanks and regards, Mark