Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default populate combo box from worksheet

Maybe...

Option Explicit
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range

'Service.xls has to be open!
With Workbooks("service.xls").Worksheets("sheet1")
Set myRng = .Range("A2", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
End With

'can you use the entire range of values?
Me.ComboBox1.List = myRng.Value

'or if you wanted to loop
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
Me.ComboBox1.AddItem myCell.Value
Next myCell

'or if you wanted to check a value
'and add the item from a different column
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
If LCase(myCell.Value) = "some value here" Then
Me.ComboBox1.AddItem myCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next myCell

End Sub

tracktraining wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to excel vba coding. I hope you can help me out. I have created a
combo box in Userform. Now I need to populate the data. The data is stored in
sheet1 of service.xls file. How can I populate my combo box with the data in
the service.xls file? I would use the .AddItem but there are a lot of data.

Thanks,
Tracktraining
--
Learning