KL

maybe:

=IF(CONTIF(A:A,"*Dancer*"),"Good at dancing","Cannot Dance")

Regards,
KL

"JemyM" wrote in
message ...

I cant find a way to look up if a string of text exist within a cell and
reply with TRUE or FALSE, such as "if "text" exist somewhere within
"cell" then TRUE".

I have a list that looks something like:

Archetype Skill
Dancer Acrobatics, Dance, Seduction
Repairman Mechanics, Technology, Security

And a cell where I can define an Archetype, such as:
A1=Dancer

I am trying to create a formula that's something like:
If "Dance" exist somewhere in "1 column from the archetype declared in
A1", then type the text "Good at dancing" here, else "Cannot Dance"

--
JemyM
JemyM's Profile: