Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Increment Cell Value on Worksheet Change

You have a real problem if you add Personal.xls as the code would work on
that workbook, not your target workbook. You could make it application code,
but then you would need some way of determining whether the active workbook
is one that you want this code to work on.

I am not a fan of plugging code into a workbook, you might make a non macro
enabled workbook macro enabled, and the user might not appreciate that. Plus
if the workbook is macro clean, the code won't fire when you plug it in.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dee" wrote in message
Another question, if I may.

If I want this code to be easily available to users, what do you feel is
the
best approach?

I had thought of adding a macro to the personal.xls that would input the
code to the active workbook, but would like a message to pop up asking
which
cell contains the number and also what number they would like to start
with.

Any advice on that?

Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

"Dee" wrote in message
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your response. I had tried something similar, but had input
it
as a worksheet event.

I had also considered Worksheet_Change. Would this also work, or would
it
increment at each and every change on the worksheet?

Indeed it would.