Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Zych Tim Zych is offline

Default file save as dialog with new filename

Tim,

Of course that is valid approach too, but I find the Windows Browse For
Folder dialog very "work intensive" to use. It is a tiny dialog and gets
tedious to use almost immediately.

I'm curious if others have a similar experiences with this dialog. Whenever
I encounter this being used for file-management applications where directory
choice is somewhat regular, I want to bolt. But I'm more of a typist than a
mouse-clicker, so others may not mind.

Just my $.02.

Tim Zych

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
If you just want the user to pick a folder then google "browse folder
vba".
Which solution works best for you may depend on the target version of
Excel.

Eg:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BrowseFolder.aspx
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294728

Tim

"John Keith" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:22:09 -0700, John Keith wrote:

I don't want the user to fill in the name of the file. I want the
macro to fill in the name of the file but I want the user to select
the path to where that file will be saved.

BTW, I did do some web searching before posting here to see if I could
find a solution. I did find some examples of the same question I am
asking but none of the responses solved the problem. I'm hoping the
experts lurking here will have an idea.

Anyway, thanks all for looking so far. I've got to turn in now, a very
early appointment tomorrow.

John Keith