Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Auto increment & print three copies

I don't understand what you are looking for but there is a small problem with
your code. You should get the Now() each time you want hours, minutes, and
seconds because there is a small possiblity that you will grap the time just
as the hour changes. Try this instead

MyTime = Now()
newHour = Hour(MyTime)
newMinute = Minute(MyTime)
newSecond = Second(MyTime) + 4
waitTime = TimeSerial(newHour, newMinute, newSecond)

"Stephen" wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have a little macro that will prompt a user for the number of copies they
want of the given sheet (only one in the workbook), then print three copies
of it (for three-part carbonless paper) then increment to the next number
(the sheet has a numberical value and print another three copies. The
problem I have is each time I'm done running the macro I have to go back into
the code and manually update the incrementing number.

What I would like to do is have the macro look to a particular cell to know
what number to start with and increment.

Here is what I'm currently working with...

' Copy Count (as of last run) = 270001
Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet()
Dim CopiesCount As Long
Dim CopyNumber As Long
CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many copies do you want???",
Type:=1)

For CopyNumber = 1 To CopiesCount
With ActiveSheet
'number in cell I1
.Range("I1").Value = 270001 + CopyNumber

'Print the sheet
.PrintOut copies:="1"

newHour = Hour(Now())
newMinute = Minute(Now())
newSecond = Second(Now()) + 4
waitTime = TimeSerial(newHour, newMinute, newSecond)
Application.Wait waitTime

.PrintOut copies:="1"

newHour = Hour(Now())
newMinute = Minute(Now())
newSecond = Second(Now()) + 4
waitTime = TimeSerial(newHour, newMinute, newSecond)
Application.Wait waitTime

.PrintOut copies:="1"

newHour = Hour(Now())
newMinute = Minute(Now())
newSecond = Second(Now()) + 4
waitTime = TimeSerial(newHour, newMinute, newSecond)
Application.Wait waitTime

End With
Next CopyNumber
End Sub