Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default How do you specify the Help file to be used

Did you include the file path when you entered the file name?
If the .chm file is in the same folder as the workbook then...

Application.Help ThisWorkbook.Path & "\FileName.chm", 1234
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Mike"
wrote in message
The link info is for pulling out Excel help.
I have built my own help file which I have assigned contextIds for all the
controls in my application. Now, by using the forms "WhatsThisButton" and
"WhatsThisHelp" properties, I want to click on the HELP BUTTON in the title
bar and then click on one of my controls to bring out the help fo my
control. The problem is that I don't know how to tell the application where
my CHM file is. Application.Help(File,ID) doesn't do the job.

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Also, a listing of Help ID's is available for download here...
http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA