Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Skinman Skinman is offline

Default Print a list of defined names and what it refers to

Thanks BSc Chem Eng Rick ...

But failed to work for me. As soon as it comes to a #ref comes up with
run time error value 1004 debug comes up for this line....
Cells(i, 2).Value = ActiveWorkbook.Names(i).RefersToRange.Address

I have a macro that defines a range for a filter each time I run the macro
at the end of the macro that range is deleted leaving the defined range with
#ref
till the next time I run the macro.
Thanks for your input though, much appreciated.
Skinman.

"BSc Chem Eng Rick" wrote in
message ...
Hi

Here's VB Code which gets you the name list, reference and values

Sub NamesLister()
For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Names.Count
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Cells(i, 1).Value = ActiveWorkbook.Names(i).Name
Cells(i, 2).Value = ActiveWorkbook.Names(i).RefersToRange.Address
Cells(i, 3).Value = ActiveWorkbook.Names(i).RefersToRange.Value
Next
End Sub

"Skinman" wrote:

Hi all,
Using excell 2007 on Vista
Would like to print a list of defined names and associated data (value,
refers to, comments) from a worksheet
Have searched the web but come up empty. Closest was
name manager but I can't find a version for excel 2007
When the define name dialog window is open print options don't
seem to me to be accessible
Skinman