Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default How do you specify the Help file to be used

Thoughts from the xl97 help file (better, faster, stronger) ...

"The topic identified by the HelpContextID property is available to users when a form is running. To display the topic, the user
must either select the control or set focus to the control, and then press F1."
Copyright(c) 1996 Microsoft Corporation.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Mike"
wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2007 and I am trying to assign Help to the various controls.
I've built the help file(CHM) and have used the following to test it:

Application.Help FilePathandName, ContextID

everything displays fine.
However, for CommandButton1, I've set its HelpContextID and set the form's
WhatsThisButton and WhatsThisHelp to True and things still don't seem to
work. The Help button comes out in the Title bar and the Question mark comes
out with the cursor when the Help button is clicked. However, nothing
happens when I click on CommandButton1. How do you let it know which Help
file you want to use?
Thanks for any thoughts,
Mike