Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brettjg Brettjg is offline

Default Finding the first visible worksheet

Actually, what was happening was that it was only counting the formulas in
the cells from that sheet that I ran it from, over and over. What fixed it was

If Sheets(sh.Name).Cells(countrow, countcol).HasFormula = True Then

instead of
If Cells(countrow, countcol).HasFormula = True Then

"Brettjg" wrote:

Hello there, I have some simple code below which counts the sheets and
formulas in a given workbook. The problem is that if I have run the macro
from the last worksheet visible it gives me a formula count of 0, but if run
from the first visible sheet it gives the correct count of 28,119.

How can I make it select the first visible worksheet before it goes into the
"For" routine please? Regards, Brett

Sub aa_count_formulas()
Dim counter, countrow, countcol, countsheet, sh As Worksheet

countsheet = 0
counter = 0
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
countcol = 1
Do While countcol <= 78
countrow = 1
Do While countrow <= 1000
If Cells(countrow, countcol).HasFormula = True Then
counter = counter + 1
End If
countrow = countrow + 1
Loop
countcol = countcol + 1
Loop
countsheet = countsheet + 1
NextMsgBox "SHEETS in this workbook: " & countsheet & Chr(13) & Chr(13) &
"FORMULAS in this workbook: " & counter
End Sub