Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
The Code Cage Team[_140_] The Code Cage Team[_140_] is offline

Default Security/Protection

For your serial number unless you are going to increment it simply have
all worksheets xlsheetveryhidden except the welcome sheet have code in
your worksheet_change event to check for a serial number in a certain
cell before unhiding all sheets.
Locking the user pc? thats a no, no!, what you are proposing there is
classed at virus activity, fair enough protect your intellectual
property but don't mess with things that aren't yours!
Encrypted what do you want to encrypt? with what level of security as
you can encrypt things when you save them.
Compatibility, the least amount of code the better.
Time trial, look here 'Code Cage Downloads - The Code Cage Forums'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/lo...tid=2&linkid=3) but
you will have to join the forum to view it (it's free)

phil;230353 Wrote:
I am currently developing an Excel solution. I need to lock the excel
workbook so it can:-

1. Require a serial number to activate the workbook
2. lcoked the user/PC
3. Encrypted
4. Backwards and forward compat. with other version of Excel
5. option to provide a time framed trial version of the solution

Any ideas

Thanks

--
The Code Cage Team