Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gtslabs gtslabs is offline

Default Variable Step rates in loops

I am working on an astronomy project where I need to get all the
conjunctions of 2 planets between 2 dates.
I have functions that give me the Longitude of each planet and the
Angular Separation between 2 longitudes. These are based on a Julian
Day.

I need help with how to get the most accurate date/time of each event
where PAS (Planetry Angular Separation) = 0 or less than X (say
0.001*)

When I step thur my routine with the Julian Day (JD) by 1 I dont get
the precision as if I steped thru at 0.0001.
Obvously the 0.0001 step would take forever if I am searching over 30
years.

Is there a way to have a variable STEP that reduces based on the value
of my PAS?
Then once one event is solved, the step would go back to 1 and start
the loop over?

Thanks