Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bigjim bigjim is offline

Default Saving a workbook

Thanks a bunch. That fixed the problem of the workbook staying open real
nice. The only problem is, it still saved it to My documents instead of to
c:\2009\Feb\. Do you have any idea what might be causing that?

"Joel" wrote:

try this code

oldname = ThisWorkbook.FullName

Dim strappend As String
Dim strpath As String
Dim str3 As String

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("ticket")
oldname = ThisWorkbook.FullName

strappend = .Range("j8").Value
strpath = .Range("b200").Value
str3 = .Range("c8").Value

Rem Setting fsavename to directory and file
fsavename = strpth & strappend & str3 & ".xls"

Rem Saving the file fsavename to the designated directory

ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fsavename

Rem this keeps the main workbook open
Set Newbk = ActiveWorkbook

Set Oldbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=oldname)

Newbk.Close savechanges:=False

End With

"bigjim" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I have a workbook named Main.xls I have a
worksheet in Main.xls named Ticket Cell j8 of Ticket contains a
ticket number such as NT0104, Cell b8 in ticket contains a co. name such
as Exxon, and cell b200 in ticket contains a dir path such as
c:\2009\Feb\ . I want to save the workbook main.xls to the new name
(in this case NT0104Exxon.xls) to the specified dir path (in this case
c:\2009\Feb) and then I want to keep the original workbook, Main.xls open.
When I run the following code, it saves NT0104Exxon.xls to My documents
instead of to c:\2009\Feb and then it closes the workbook. I would
appreciate any help on what I am doing wrong.
Here's the code:

rem sitting up variable that will determine where the files will be saved.

Dim strappend As String
Dim strpath As String
Dim str3 As String

Sheets("ticket").Select

strappend = ActiveSheet.Range("j8").Value
strpath = ActiveSheet.Range("b200").Value
str3 = ActiveSheet.Range("c8").Value

Rem Setting fsavename to directory and file
fsavename = strpth & strappend & str3 & ".xls"

Rem Saving the file fsavename to the designated directory

ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fsavename

Rem this keeps the main workbook open
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
end sub