Alan Perkins

Even easier:

Copy all the columns into one column in the way that you have before, and
then use Data | Text to columns option, then in the dialog:
Select either Delimited or Fixed width
Click Next
Check the collumn breaks are where you want them. That's particularly
important if you select the "Fixed Width" option.
Click Next
Select the column that has your number with leading zeroes, and select
"Text" under Column data format (at the top right of the dialog page in the
version that i use)

this will work on the entire column of data if you select all the cells..

HTH

Alan P.

"Tom" wrote in message
Alan,

The problem is that the data is being copied out of a web page that
includes
multiple columns of data, if I set it to text, it does import the 0s
however,
it puts all three columns of data in the same column. Any ideas on
cleaning
that up?

Tom Schmitt

"Alan Perkins" wrote:

Tom, one way to do it:

Format the target cell(s) as Text. Then select Edit | Paste Special |
Text
from the Excel menu.

HTH

Alan P.

"Tom" wrote in message
I need to paste numbers to Excel that sometimes begin with 0. How do I
do
this without losing the lead 0? I am using Office 2000. You advice is
appreciated.