Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Paul is offline

Default Accept & Use ODBC Login

Sorry I hit the wromg button
For instance a connection string to an Access database, with individual user
and password login, will look like this

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\mydatabase.mdb;Jet
OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;User ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

Have a look on these links
http://www.connectionstrings.com/
http://www.sqlstrings.com/
http://www.dofactory.com/Connect/Connect.aspx

Paul

"Paul" wrote in message
This can be hard coded into the QueryTable connection string.
However there are security and confidentiality implications.

Paul

"wpiet" wrote in message
How can I have a user enter login username & password to be used for
multiple
ODBC connections? I have a workbook with multiple sheets, each with a DB
query. My macro steps thru each sheet, refreshing the data.
For each 'Selection.QueryTable.Refresh,' the user must re-enter id &
password. How can I modify this to have the user enter this info only
once &
use it for each subsequent refresh?
--
Will