Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Todd Virlee Todd Virlee is offline

Default Need to get cell references from a formula

I will rephrase the question in the hopes that no one else will belittle me.

How does Excel know where there is a cell reference in a formula? How does
it know to change the color when you are editing?

I want to be able to write a macro that will output the value of a cell
above the referenced cell.

If the worksheet looks like this

Today Years New date in future
2/11/2009 5 2/14/2009

where C2's formula is A2+B2, I want to get an output of "=Today+Years" in C3.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

This newsgroup gets hundreds of messages posted to it daily. As a result,
almost no one here would remember what you posted yesterday and you
shouldn't expect them to go looking for your past messages either. By the
way, I did look for your past post and can find no other posts by you in
this newsgroup. Perhaps you posted it in a different newsgroup... again, you
shouldn't expect anyone to go looking (all over the net) for it. It is
always best to state your existing conditions and what you are trying to
accomplish with it... and giving examples of existing and what you want
afterwards is always helpful too.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Todd Virlee" wrote in message
I am trying to translate a formula into meaningful text like I posted
yesterday. How can I get tell where there is an A1 or C1 in the formula?