Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ac1179 ac1179 is offline

Default Allow Users to Unfreeze Panes in a Protected Workbook/Sheet

my company upgraded from excel 2003 to 2007. I have a workbook with
worksheets that's password protected. In excel 2003 users could
unfreeze panes from the menu options without unprotecting the sheets.
But in excel 2007 the freeze/unfreeze panies icon is grayed out. Is
there some macro code that i could include to let users unfreeze
panes?

When you manually protect a sheet... under the dialog box "Allow all
users in this worksheet to" there's a list of options... such as:
select locked cells, unlock cells, delete rows, etc. But I don't see
freeze panes.

Please help. Thanks!