Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Short cut keys in Excel

Make sure you are not in design mode and close any open dialog boxes. The
Microsoft warning is correct. If you assign the macro to a key normally used
for another purpose, your assignment will override the normally assigned
function while in that workbook. Also, the assignment is case sensitive. If
you assigned Uppercase B and try to use lowercase b then you will probably
get the bling.

"Julian Brotherton" wrote:

On the MS web site I found this statement:-
Note The shortcut key will override any equivalent default Microsoft Excel
shortcut keys while the workbook that contains the macro is open.

This is not the case. when I assign a short cut key of ctrl b and try
running the assigned macro all i get is a "bling" noise from the computer.
The macro doesn't run