Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Convert macro code to an addin

Look here, last section:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"ArtySin" wrote:

Hi Ryan,
Yes I did that following the instructions but cant get it to appear on the
'Data' menu or anywhere else for that matter. Any ideas?
Cheers
ArtySin

"ryguy7272" wrote:

You need to save it as an .xla file (Excel Add In). See this:
http://www.fontstuff.com/VBA/vbatut03.htm

Regards,
Ryan---
--
RyGuy

"ArtySin" wrote:

I forgot to add that this is for Excel 2000 (old corporate s/ware)

"ArtySin" wrote:

I have created a macro which works perfectly for me but now need to send it
to about 100 others across the planet so they can use it. I could just send
them the macro worksheet and they have to have that open and run it.
However, they also have to run an add-in which when installed just appears
under the 'Data' menu and I'd like to be able to convert this macro to an
add-in and have that appear under the 'Data' menu too. Can anyone help
please?
Cheers
ArtySin
BTW here's the code if it helps:

Sub Insert_Headers()

Rows("1:1").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Plan:Test Name"
Range("B1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Status"
Range("C1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Execute Date"
Range("D1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Time"
Range("E1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Tester"
Range("F1").Select
Columns("D:D").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm"
Range("A1:E1").Select
Selection.Font.Bold = True
Range("A1").Select

Dim brkt As Range
Set brkt = Range("A1:A" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row)
For Each C In brkt
C.Value = Mid(C.Value, InStr(C.Value, "]") + 1)
Next

Dim quote As Range
Set quote = Range("B1:B" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)
For Each C In quote
C.Value = Mid(C.Value, InStr(C.Value, "'") + 1)
Next

End Sub