Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz[_2_] Maury Markowitz[_2_] is offline

Default Method _MailEnvelope failed

I recently upgraded one of our machines that was becoming increasingly
flaky. The machine runs a complex series of Excel macros at the end of
the day and sends out a bunch of worksheets in mail. The code uses...

With ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope.Item
.Recipients.Add "someone"
.Subject = "New entries and changes for " & Format(datetrade,
"mmm-dd-yyyy")
.Send
End With

This code has worked fine on the old machine, as well as most of the
other machines in the office. However, it does not work on the new
one, and instead reports a "Method _MailEnvelope failed".

1) Everyone is running Office 2003 SP3, versions are all equal
2) I have included a Reference to Outlook (even though I never had to
before)

I noticed a couple of comments on this problem that suggested that
Outlook had to be the default program. To test this I went to a web
page that had a mailto and clicked -- Word came up! This might be the
problem, how do I fix this?

Maury