Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change the font color based on the value of the cell

I gave you some bad advice... I gave you how to change the fill color, but I
see you want to change the font color. Instead of choosing Patterns, select
the Font tab and just choose the color you want your font to be. All other
instructions are as I posted them.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Robin" wrote in message
yes roulette worksheet =) thanks

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Doing a Roulette worksheet, huh? <g

I think Conditional Formatting would be the best to use. Select your
"particular cell" (I'll assume you selected A1 for this example...change
the
A1 in the formulas below to whatever the address is for the actual
"particular cell" you selected) and then click Format/Conditional
Formatting
from the menu bar. On the dialog box that comes up, select "Formula Is"
from
the first drop down and then put this formula in the empty field to its
right...

=AND(MOD(A1,2)=1,A1<"")

Then click the Format button, select the Patterns tab and pick the red
color
you want. If you pick a dark red color, then you might want to click the
Font tab and make the Font color white for readability. When done, click
OK
to go back to the first dialog box. Next, click the Add button and select
"Formula Is" for Condition 2 (the condition you just Add'ed) and put this
formula in the empty field to its right...

=AND(OR(A1="0",A1="00"),A1<"")
--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Robin" wrote in message
How do I create a macro or program to change the font color of a
particular
cell based on the value of the cell, e.g. 1 3 5 7, change the font
color
red, if 0, 00 change font color to green and bold, thanks in advance