Wondering Why

Yes, I would appreciate seeing your setup. To avoid spam, I just created a
throw away account in hotmail. Please use that. It is "mynewsgrps at hotmail
dot com"

--

Steven

There are two secrets to success in life:
1) Never tell people everything you know
"Paul B" wrote in message
Steven, here is one way, payments starting in E3, deposits starting in F3,
starting balance in G2, put this in G3 and copy down
=(IF(OR(E3,F30), OFFSET(G3,-1,0)- E3+F3,""))
I have a workbook set up for this if you would like to take a look at it
let
me know your address and I will send you a copy, you may also want to
have
a look here http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/ Microsoft
has
one but when I tried to find it I got "Error: Access is Denied", there
site
might be down right now

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

" Wondering Why" wrote in message
I want to set up excel so I have three columns, debits, credits and

balance.
How do I make it so that it will add or subtract the amount and give me

the
proper balance each time?

Thank you

Steven