Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MikeZz MikeZz is offline

Default Log who last changed a cell in a row...(incl Multi-Cell change

Hi Salty,
Unfortunately a database won't work.
I'm doing this on a low budget (just my time) and I don't have much
experience in programming Access.

In addition, people who use the info are set in their ways.... meaning they
know excel and are comfortable with it. I will never get them and others to
go from excel to access because it would be way out of their comfort level.

But thanks for the feedback....
MikeZz
"SaltyBall" wrote:

may be you need some database product because users can edit/delete the
cells you use to store the information.

MikeZz wrote:
Hi,
I know it's been hashed through a number of times with the answer that you
can't track multi-cell changes.

My question is if I can at least record who changed a cell and when... don't
need to know the old or new value... only that it was changed.

In my case, I have an excel workbook with about 15000 rows of data.
I have data in columns A through H.
If someone changes the value either in Columns C or D in row 1234, I want to
put their name in cell I-1234 with today's date in cell J-1234.

I can get it to work for single cell changes but want to know if it's
possible to do this tracking on multi-cell changes as well. Examples
being... copy and paste to many cells, drag down fills, etcl. The reason I
have hope someone can help is that I don't need to know the before and after
values.

Thanks for any help,
MikeZz